This is a page for any resources and vendors we have found useful for our historical costuming. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions. Many of these websites are based overseas but there are a few based in Australia. Unfortunately, not all of these links leads to an online store
- Truly Victorian – Victorian and Edwardian patterns
- Sensibility.com – Regency patterns
- Laughing Moon Mercantile – Regency and Victorian patterns.
Fabric and Haberdashery
- Fabric Cave – Fabric, trim and haberdashery located in Meadowbank NSW.
- HobbySew – Great selection of patchwork fabrics (perfect for Regency), and notions. Located in Ryde, NSW.
- E&M Greenfield – Fabric wholesalers open to the public. Located in Surry Hills, NSW.
- Lace and Beyond – Lace trimming and motifs. Located in Gymea, NSW.
- Tessuti Fabrics – Fabric shop in several locations around Sydney and has an online store.
- Hobbysew – Has many shops around Sydney, their collection of patchwork fabric is perfect for Regency and 18th Century.
- Renaissance Fabrics – Beautiful range of historical reproduction fabrics and trims in natural fibres.
- Cosplay Fabrics International – Sells unusual fabrics including brocade and fake leather.
- Fabric Wholesale Direct – Sells a variety of fabric including jacquard, satin and velvet.
- Tinsel Trading – Beautifully made trims and ribbons.
- The Wardrobe Shop – Vintage-style clothing based in Australia.
- Earthly Delights Historic Hats and Bonnets – Milliner of historic hats located in Canberra, Australia.
- The Jacket Shop – Made to measure military jackets.
- Victorian Choice – High-quality clothing from Renaissance to Edwardian era.
- Regency Regalia – Regency dresses, bonnets and other accessories in many colours.
- Armstreet – Medieval clothing, armour and accessories. US based but does visit Medieval fairs in Australia.
- Recollections – Clothing and accessories from many eras.
- The Crowned Heart – Jewelry and accessories. Located in Brisbane Qld.
- Parasols With Love – Affordable lace parasols. Located in Noosaville, Qld.
- American Duchess – Shoes and shoe accessories from Renaissance to Edwardian Era.
- Royal Vintage Shoes – Shoes and shoe accessories from 1920s, 30s and 40s.
- Sign of the Grey Horse – Reproduction jewelry and accessories.
- Nancy Fancy Up Dos – Hairpieces and hair accessories.
- Bunny Sundries – Sells beads, fake gems, lockets to make your own jewelry.
- Fashionable Canes – Sells re-creations of historical canes in addition to modern canes.
- Light In the Box – Has fans and parasols for reasonable prices, they do sell many in multiples.
- La Coutuière Parisenne – This website goes into detail about the history of dress from Middle Ages to 20th Century.
- Jane Austen’s World – Focuses on Regency and Napoleonic times including dress.
- Historical Sewing – Blog on 19th Century costuming and sewing.
- Jessamyn’s Regency Costume Companion – Research, reviews and tutorials on dress in the regency era.